The people have spoken: The Pitch “Best of Kansas City” winner for Best Neighborhood is none other than (drum roll please): Brookside! It’s true, Brookside Real Estate’s namesake neighborhood edged out noteworthy neighborhood finalists including Hyde Park, Union Hill, Waldo and Westport in The Pitch’s annual competition to find KC’s best. Of course, the team at Brookside Real Estate recognized this quite some time ago – and now we’re here to share our top 5 reasons why Brookside is truly Kansas City’s very best neighborhood!
1. A Great Place to Walk: When you live in Brookside you’re just a hop, skip, jump or short walk away from anything and everything you want or need! Get some fresh air while you grab a cup of coffee at The Roasterie, take your furry friend on a walk to The Barkery for a treat, stop in the Brookside Market for some gourmet groceries, or meet your friends at Brookside Barrio for the happiest of happy hours. Brookside residents know there’s no need to drive – they just slip on their walking shoes and make the quick trip to “downtown” Brookside!
2. Brookside is Local: Another favorite aspect of Brookside is all the locally owned shops and businesses. Living Local is a wonderful attribute that sets Brookside apart from most other KC neighborhoods. In fact, just about any time you set foot into a shop along the Brookside shopping promenade, you’re bound to be greeted by a smiling and familiar face! Home to over 70 unique shops, restaurants, boutiques and small businesses, you can’t help but support local business, local families, local products and/or local makers any time you shop in Brookside.
3. Community: Contrary to most neighborhoods today, Brookside is truly the definition of a tight-knit community. That community-connectedness is especially on display during events like Brookside’s Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade and the Brookside Art Annual. Newer events like Trick or Treat Street, Sip & Shop and Brookside’s Holiday Season Opener give newbies a chance to get to know the community. Many of the residential streets of the neighborhood throw summer or fall block parties – closing streets for daytime games and lasting into the night with music, food and fun activities for both young and old. It’s just what you’d expect from this family-friendly neighborhood that has a little bit of something for everyone!
4. Unique Architecture: Full of well-built single-family homes, each house in Brookside is unique and almost all have a rich history. Ranging in style from smaller American Tudors and Craftsmen Bungalows to larger Colonial revivals and American Georgian styles, no two houses are the same in Brookside. Interested in taking a peek inside a Brookside home or two? We know just who to call!
5. Increasing Property Values: Home values in Brookside have increased 9.5% over the past year and are predicted to rise another 3.5% within the coming year! When you choose to buy a home in Brookside not only do you get to enjoy this special community on an everyday basis – you’re also making a smart financial decision.
Are you looking to become a part of Kansas City’s Best Neighborhood? Give the home pros at Brookside Real Estate Company a call at (816) 333-3330 or stop by our storefront office at 9 W 63rd St – when the flag is up, we’re open. We can’t wait to share even more reasons why Brookside is KC’s Best Neighborhood!