Spring is the perfect opportunity to turn your attention to those at-home projects you’ve been meaning to get to! Involve your kids in your home projects for some family fun or do it yourself for a little productive alone time! However you want to go about it, spring cleaning is just around the corner, and Brookside Real Estate Company has some tips for how to get your home spring ready!
- Clean your gutters. Keeping your gutters clean prevents mold growth, avoids pest infestations, and helps your gutters work properly. Moisture in your gutters can cause wood rot as well as mold. To keep your roof in perfect condition, make sure to clean out your gutters often.
- Service your HVAC unit. When that hot summer weather hits Kansas City, the last thing you want is for your air conditioning to suddenly not work. Have a qualified heating and cooling contractor clean and service the outside unit to clean coils, drain pans, change interior filters, and keep your air conditioning system working at peak performance level.
- Examine your chimney. Those chilly Kansas City winter months likely had you running your fireplace all winter long. Getting your fireplace cleaned in springtime will help to eliminate fireplace smells, which get much worse, the warmer the weather is. A thoroughly cleaned and swept flue and fireplace make for a cleaner, fresher-smelling home. Plus, your fireplace is ready to go come fall!
- Inspect exterior siding and paint. Wind, freezing temperatures and moisture can take a toll on the exterior of your home during the cold winter months. Make sure to replace any cracked or peeling wood on your home before the spring rain arrives in Kansas City.
- Make sure Smoke and co2 (carbon monoxide) detectors are working properly. Spring is a great time to make sure these detectors are working properly. If your alarm sounds once you push the test button, you’re good to go! If the alarm doesn’t sound while pushing the button, you may need to replace the batteries or the alarm itself.
Whether you’re looking to sell your house and start a new chapter or whether you’re developing the home of your dreams, Brookside Real Estate Company is dedicated to guide you on your home-owning journey. Give us a call at (816) 333-3330 or stop by our storefront office at 9 W 63rd Street – when the flag is up, we’re open!