In this Episode of “I’ve Got a Guy,” your favorite Realtor, Ellen Z, talks all things Brookside concrete with Beau Hahn from Bedrock Concrete.
Whether you’re considering a new patio, driveway, garage floor or another project all together, Concrete work in the Brookside/Waldo neighborhoods presents its own unique challenges. That’s why Ellen brought in expert Beau Hahn to talk all things concrete. Since Brookside is an older, time-tested neighborhood, its concrete sidewalks, driveways, and patios can tend to show the daily wear and tear that comes along with such a rich history.
Watch the video below to answer all of your concrete questions as they talk concrete from both a home-buyer and seller’s perspective.
Brookside Concrete Challenges:
- One of the common challenges in redoing driveways in Brookside is that layers of old concrete are often covered by layers of old asphalt and over the years has become thicker and thicker layers. This means that in order to truly repair a driveway or garage floor in Brookside a lot of work often needs to be done to first remove the old structures and do the project the right way.
- Tree roots from the beautiful old trees in the neighborhood have often pushed up sidewalks, stairs and driveways.
- Over the years, settling occurs and causes problems with driveways and foundations – often directing water flow toward the home instead of away from it.
Beau’s concrete tips for homeowners, buyers and sellers:
- Sealing concrete – make sure to seal new concrete especially in order to get the most out of your concrete projects for a long time.
- Never use harsh salts on your new concrete – it will tear up and deteriorate it much faster. Use sand instead.
- Rinse off concrete with a hose if there is a nice winter day to help preserve it.
- Settled concrete holds water and can come up in a home-inspection. Sellers should make sure to know what issues there may be – you don’t want any surprises!
- Remember, concrete can sometimes be patched instead of having to completely replace it.
In this video Beau Hahn also talks about the steps in the process of doing concrete work in Brookside and gives his inside tips for choosing the right contractor for the job.
If you’re considering a spring concrete project you won’t want to miss out on these expert tips. Call Beau at Bedrock Concrete for even more information. Are you looking to buy or sell in the wonderful Brookside neighborhood? Contact Ellen today to get connected with your dream home!