Your favorite Brookside realtor is back with more insider tips!
In this episode of “I’ve Got a Guy,” Ellen asks the questions we’ve all been wondering about landscaping in the Brookside neighborhoods.
The first impression of a house rests greatly on its landscaping and exterior presentation; when buying or selling a home, it’s crucial to examine this influential aspect because as Ellen’s go-to landscaping guys claim “how it looks on the outside is usually what’s on the inside.” In this episode, Ellen talks with her landscaping go-to guys, John and Charlie Smith from Envision Lawn and Tree to bring you insight into how they address Brookside-specific landscaping challenges.
Check out the video below, plus John and Charlie’s ways to improve and maintain your yard’s appearance.
Brookside Landscaping Challenges
Brookside is essentially a park with well-established trees. While this creates beautiful views, Brookside landscaping can be a real chore!
- KC’s unpredictable weather means that freezing rain and snow cause easily dead and broken limbs; these dead limbs are hazardous as they hang over houses and exposed power lines.
- The tall, beautiful trees contribute to an overabundance of leaves in the fall, which can clog gutters and drains, leading to drainage issues.
- The excessive leaf amount also means that without proper leaf removal, those leaves will suffocate your grass and plants come spring.
- Many Brookside homes also struggle with wet basements and flooding. John and Charlie explain what “grading” is and how landscaping can help prevent a flooded basement!
Tips When Buying/Selling
- Be Observant: the exterior of the home is a strong indication of any issues that may be inside the home.
- Tidy the Look: Use fresh mulch, cut back shrubs, or even plant new ones to refresh the house’s appearance. Look into seeding versus sod for your yard and ensure green grass.
- Check the Yard’s Grade: does the lawn slope down towards the house leading to flooding? Or does the lawn slope down away from the house?
Envision Lawn and Tree Services
John and Charlie have got your back! Envision Lawn and Tree can not only clean up the most untamable of yards, they can also address the wet basement issues by sloping the lawn and/or installing French drains! From tree removal to fresh mulch, there’s a reason Ellen counts on these guys to quickly and effectively assess and deal with any landscaping issues she encounters.
Are you looking for a house in the Brookside area? Ellen can’t wait to help you find the perfect home! Contact her today! Ready for some high quality lawncare? Contact John and Charlie at (816) 788 – 0808. Let them know that you saw this video and tell them Ellen sent you!