Time to give spring cleaning its due!
For many of us this year, we find ourselves in a unique situation with a little more time at home than usual this spring. What a perfect opportunity to turn your attention to those at-home projects you’ve been meaning to get to! Involve your kids in your home projects for some family fun, or do it yourself for a little productive alone time! However, you want to go about it, spring cleaning is here, and Ellen has some tips for how to get your home spring and sunshine ready!
- Front Porch and Deck. First impressions start with the hello on the front porch! Always remember that safety comes first. Look for any damage like warping, water stains, or discoloration that may have occurred before or during this last winter; go ahead and get rid of any rusty or loose nails and screws. Make sure to replace old boards that are either rotting or warped. Once you’ve assessed and secured the structure, it’s time for the touch up. Clean and reseal the wood when you’re sure that the weather will be sunny and dry enough.
- Landscaping. While you’re outside, take a good look at your curb appeal. A little green can go a long way to shaking off the winter blues! Some plants are more resistant to the cooler temperatures so look into pansies, coneflowers, catmint, a few daffodils or even some peonies. For more subtle statements in your gardening projects, check out blue spruce trees, boxwood varieties, or even hydrangeas. Maybe you’re searching for a professional landscaper to help fix your yard’s slope or to deal with excess runoff water; Ellen knows just the landscaping guys to help!
- Windows and Walls. You may have noticed some pesky winter drafts this last winter! Check for cracks in the sealing of your window and door frames. Even with winter drafts gone, it’s still important to reseal your home in order to keep the cool air in and all of those determined little bugs out!
- HVAC Maintenance. Spring is the perfect opportunity to make sure everything is operational and functional. You don’t want to wait until the middle of scorching July to find out that your cooling system doesn’t work! Clearing debris from the unit and changing the filters is a regular part of HVAC maintenance, but if you have any questions, go ahead and schedule a check up with a professional before they’re booked this summer!
- The Roof. Spring cleaning isn’t just a main level event; your home’s touch up should cover everything from top to bottom! Your roof is certainly a crucial part of your home so don’t forget to get a bird’s eye view! Call a professional and they can review your shingle condition, your flashing, and anything that poses an immediate concern or a potential issue. They will check for damage first and make sure to replace damaged or missing shingles. Consider your own safety and be sure to involve a professionally insured roofing company. Ellen to the rescue! She knows the perfect team to check the health and stability of your roof.
Whether you’re looking to sell your house and start a new chapter or whether you’re developing the home of your dreams, Ellen is passionate about guiding you on your home-owning journey. With a knack for curb appeal and the insider view on home maintenance, Ellen has the answers you’re looking for! Contact Ellen today!